Monday 15 October 2007

China Bulletin 5/Half Moon Hill Yang Shuo



Hi Kids,

Just back from having an hours massage from a nubile young native woman and life is good. Day 9, I reckon, and we're into the tourist area. People wanting to sell you postcards, clean your shoes, massage your feet, that sort of thing.

The town is Yang Shuo for those of you with the A to Z of China handy. Right in the heart of the Karst mountains up one of which we walked this afternoon by way of 860 stone steps. The toil was worth it with beautiful views and a moon shaped arch rather like I saw in Utah last year. A 52 year-old lady accompanied me all the way cooling me with her fan and sold me a bottle of water for a quid at the top and seemed to think her labour worth while. Today's ride along beautifully surfaced roads with modest gradients was only about 40 kms and we had a super stop at a farmers stall by the road to eat Persimmons and Pommeloes. Tomorrow we're to be picked up here to go for an hour-long hot air balloon ride which in this terrain should be pretty impressive. Tomorrow I think we only ride the bikes in the afternoon as we are approaching Guilin, our destination.

Today I saw my fifth fat bloke. That's 5 fat blokes in 9 days (<0.005%),>

No comments:

Post a Comment